How Does It Work?
Skin can lose its elasticity due to weight loss or ageing of the supportive tissues and appear wrinkled or lifeless. We can help to improve the effect of this using Radio Frequency (RF). This technology works by heating up the skin to approximately 42 degrees using the treatments which emits RF waves. Before the treatment begins a cooling gel is applied to the area. The RF technology generates heat in the subcutaneous layer, causing the existing active collagen to contract, this delivers an instant tightening effect.
Why Do I Need A Course?
Each of the therapies we employ within our unique Skin Tightening treatment protocol are what we call “cumulative therapies”. This means they work immediately during each treatment but, in order to achieve optimal results, a series of treatments is required over a period of weeks.
The RF treatment also selectively denatures (breaks down) the old inflexible collagen and stimulates the re-growth of fresh, healthy and flexible collagen fibres. The volume of the collagen increases which therefore reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. With successive treatments it will deliver longer lasting results.
The laying down of fresh new collagen fibres results in skin remodelling takin place over 3-6 months and lasting up to two years, although top-up treatments every 6-9 months can prolong the effect.
What Does It Cost?
Can I Be Treated?
The good news is that almost everyone can be treated – as long as you are over 18. However there are some contra-indications (you can NOT be treated), these are listed below so please read through these and do not take offence if you can’t be treated, this is for your safety not ours.
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator
Superficial metal or other implants in the treatment area
- Any form of prosthesis, replacement joint it metal plates in the treated area
- Severe concurrent conditions, such as cardiac disorders
- Pregnancy and nursing
- Patients with a history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area, may be treated only following a prophylactic regime
- Any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema or undiagnosed rashes
- Any surgical procedure in the treatment area within the last 3 months or before complete healing